When parents (or other caregivers) play with their children, many good things happen. This is why drop-in playgroup sessions at each of our centers are a core part of our programming.
During drop-in playgroup sessions:
- children learn through parent-child play
- children practice social skills through interaction with other children
- parents can talk with our experienced Family Support staff, ask questions and receive guidance on parenting or child development issues, and find out about other community resources
- parents learn from watching other parents with their children
- families get to know and share experiences with one another, building relationships that often endure for many years
Little Heights Literacy Playroom at the CHUH Library
Play & Learn Station at Shaker Heights Public Library
Woodland Wonderland at the Woodland Branch of the Cleveland Public Library
Drop-in Play Sessions at Coventry Facility in Cleveland Heights
Drop in Play Sessions at Patricia Mearns Play Room at Shaker Family Center in Shaker Heights
Illness Policy - Stay home if you or your child:
Has had a fever in the last 24 hours
Has vomited or had diarrhea in the
last 24 hours
Has green or yellow nasal discharge
Has a persistent cough
Acts or looks ill
And remember to wash hands before and after playing in the playrooms!
Snow Closing Policy
Cleveland Heights playrooms close when CHUH schools closes.
Shaker Heights playrooms close when Shaker schools close. Check the local TV or radio stations for listings or our facebook page for updated Info.