What’s Happening at Family Connections!
Please read about important up-to-date information
April 2, 2020
We will be extending the suspension of all face-to-face programming through April 30th
We are following the Governor’s direction for childcare and child-serving organizations with the exception of pandemic childcare centers.
During these challenging and trying times, we hope you and your loved ones are well and staying safe. Please be assured that we, too, are doing everything we can to stay safe and follow protocol. To that end, we are regularly monitoring the Governor’s direction and have made our closure decision based on his most recent announcement.
During this time, we will continue to offer a variety of ways to support and stay connected to you and your children.
Joanne Federman, Executive Director
We want you to know that the health and safety of our communities we serve is our top priority. The situation with COVID-19 (the Coronavirus) is evolving daily. We have been monitoring the outbreak and messages from the Centers for Disease Control, the State of Ohio, and the Cuyahoga County Health Department. Here’s what you can do:
- Wash hands frequently, with soap, and for a minimum of 20 seconds – enough time to sing Happy Birthday twice.
- Remind your children to keep their fingers away from others, out of their eyes, ears, mouths, and especially their noses!
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, and throw the tissue in the trash.
Find information from these helpful resources:
- Cuyahoga County Board of Health – Coronavirus Resources
- Ohio Department of Health – Coronavirus Resources
- Center for Disease Control
The Greater Cleveland Food Bank is committed to ensuring children and families have the food they need during the upcoming weeks while schools are closed. We are here to answer questions and connect families to food resources. Please contact our Help Center at 216-738-2067 or visit our website at www.greaterclevelandfoodbank.org and look under the GET HELP tab.
If you have questions, please call our director Joanne Federman at 216.921-2023. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding during this unprecedented situation.
Although we cannot see, support or play with you in person we have
been creating ways to stay in touch with you.
- On our Facebook page look for helpful links, glimpses of fun reminders of our playrooms, watch live or recorded sessions of Music with Marisa or catch one of our SPARK Parent Partners read a story.
- Join a Baby & Me session via zoom (for families with babies 0 – 12 months.) Wednesday mornings, 10 – 12 at: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/394601711
- Our Family School Connection Liaisons are busy connecting with the kindergarten families.
- Our SPARK Parent Partners have been providing kits to the families they serve.
Please Remember :
Illness Policy: Please stay home if you or your child…
- Has had a fever in the last 24 hours
- Has vomited or had diarrhea in the last 24 hours
- Has green or yellow nasal discharge
- Has a persistent cough
- Acts or looks ill
And remember to wash hands before and after playing in the playrooms
Our Cleveland Heights playrooms close when CHUH schools close for snow and weather and Shaker Heights playrooms close when the Shaker schools close for snow or weather.
Please check the local TV or radio stations for listings or check our facebook page.