What’s Happening at Family Connections!
Updated News Alert
Friday, March 13, 2020
In light of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we have decided to suspend all program activity, starting Monday, March 16th. This includes Play and Learn Station at the Shaker Heights Public Library, Little Heights at the Cleveland Heights Library, our playrooms at the Shaker Family Center and Coventry buildings, and Saturday Gym at Shaker Family Center.
- We will put a hold on scheduling birthday parties through April 3rd.
- Parenting classes will be postponed and rescheduled for later in the spring.
- We have also decided to suspend home visits until the end of March. At that point, we will reassess the situation.
The closing dates are as follows for the playrooms:
- Playrooms at Shaker Family Center and at Coventry through April 3rd
- Little Heights closed through April 21st
- Play and Learn Station closed through April 30th
We’ve been following closely the recommendations from state and local experts on how best to react to the spread of the Coronavirus in our communities. It has become clear that continuing to hold our programs would be contrary to current recommendations and potentially pose a health risk.
We want you to know that the health and safety of our communities we serve is our top priority. The situation with COVID-19 (the Coronavirus) is evolving daily. We have been monitoring the outbreak and messages from the Centers for Disease Control, the State of Ohio, and the Cuyahoga County Health Department. Here’s what you can do:
- Wash hands frequently, with soap, and for a minimum of 20 seconds – enough time to sing Happy Birthday twice.
- Remind your children to keep their fingers away from others, out of their eyes, ears, mouths, and especially their noses!
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, and throw the tissue in the trash.
Find information from these helpful resources:
- Cuyahoga County Board of Health – Coronavirus Resources
- Ohio Department of Health – Coronavirus Resources
- Center for Disease Control
The Greater Cleveland Food Bank is committed to ensuring children and families have the food they need during the upcoming weeks while schools are closed. We are here to answer questions and connect families to food resources. Please contact our Help Center at 216-738-2067 or visit our website at www.greaterclevelandfoodbank.org and look under the GET HELP tab.
If you have questions, please call our director Joanne Federman at 216.921-2023. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding during this unprecedented situation.
There will be no Music with Marisa the following days:
Thursday, March 12 – Shaker Heights
Tuesday, March 17 – Cleveland Heights
Wednesday, March 18 – Shaker Heights
Thursday, March 19 – Shaker Heights
Tuesday, March 24 – Cleveland Heights
We’re excited to announce some big plans for our future. Learn more about developments in our operations as we seek to increase our impact.
Important New Fee Information!
New 2020 playroom fees effective January 2, 2020.
- The 2020 Pass is no longer available. Existing passes will expire 10/31/20.
- The 3 month pass @ $60 (sold until July 31st).
- Baby & Me pass will remain the same @ $50 (sold until July 31st)
- $8.00 drop in fee
- $5.00 Baby & Me drop in fee
We look forward to playing with you all in the new year so get your pass today! Please let us know if you have questions about purchasing a new pass or about your current pass. Thank you!
Please Remember :
Illness Policy: Please stay home if you or your child…
- Has had a fever in the last 24 hours
- Has vomited or had diarrhea in the last 24 hours
- Has green or yellow nasal discharge
- Has a persistent cough
- Acts or looks ill
And remember to wash hands before and after playing in the playrooms
Our Cleveland Heights playrooms close when CHUH schools close for snow and weather and Shaker Heights playrooms close when the Shaker schools close for snow or weather.
Please check the local TV or radio stations for listings or check our facebook page.