Supporting Partnerships to Assure Ready Kids (SPARK) is a kindergarten readiness program providing support to families preparing their children for kindergarten.
SPARK Ohio works with children, families, schools and the community to ensure that children are ready for school and schools are ready for families. Family Connections, in partnership with Invest in Children, is the service provider for SPARK Ohio in Cuyahoga County. We proudly join the 10 other counties in Ohio that provide this program.
SPARK is based on a home visitation model. Trained home visitors called parent partners conduct prescribed lessons with preschool-age children and their parents. Lessons are based on Ohio’s Early Learning and Development Standards. Services include:
- Home- and group-based learning opportunities
- Developmental assessments, screenings and linkages to community resources
- Education supplies and free books
- Step-by-step support for registration and transition into kindergarten
SPARK is offered in five Cuyahoga County school districts:
- Cleveland Heights – University Heights School District
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District
- East Cleveland
- Maple Heights
- Warrensville Heights